About Just Dancing
The Just Dancing Dance School offers a range of classes and styles for children of all ages. We strive to provide our students with classes that are full of variety and fun whilst ensuring they are always improving their dance technique.
Our annual performance introduces our students to different styles of dance and music. The students work very hard to learn their dances for the performance. The annual performance helps the students develop confidence to perform in front of an audience.
Dancing is lots of fun, improves flexibility, builds confidence and is great exercise. If your child loves to dance, come and trial one of our dance classes.
New Covid Safe Measures
you may be aware the government has started to ease restrictions, and from 9th
November, per the DHHS website ‘non-contact physical recreation for those aged
18 years and under (e.g. dance classes)’ can recommence up to a ‘maximum of 20
people’. Activities must be done ‘with a distance of 1.5m’ and
‘spectators limited to one parent, guardian or carer only, where the child requires
ensure that our reopening is as safe as possible, the following measures will
- Large crosses will be placed on the floor of the hall which will be 1.5m apart and students will be told to dance on or near their cross in all their classes. Dance routines/steps will not involve moving from one side of the room to the other for the remainder of the year and there will be no steps from the corner.
- Students will be told not to touch or hug one another and there will be no hand holding during routines or steps. There will also be no high fives.
- Students will be spaced out on the classical barres 1.5m apart. Classical barres will be cleaned before and after every dance class.
- Props for the Primary students will be cleaned and separated into individual bags and labelled for each student. Props will not be shared amongst students.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided for use on arrival for all students and parents.
- Please keep your child at home if they are unwell.
- There will be a 10 minute break between all classes on Saturdays to limit the interaction between parents and students. Cleaning of door handles, chairs and barres will be completed during this break. Please see the 'class timetable' tab for class times.
If your child is comfortable with you leaving during their dance class then I would encourage parents to drop off at the beginning of the class and pick up at the end of the class.